Auto Accidents (...continued)
The Law Office of Michael E. Ripley handles automobile accident cases in all of these areas. Mr. Ripley has been handling this sort of work for over 30 years. The law firm provides effective legal representation, hands on service, and a commitment to each and every client, to get the job done in their best interest.
The types of damages that are recoverable in an automobile accident case include:
- Medical Costs. The medical costs that you have from an accident are entirely recoverable. This includes whatever is billed for treatment by hospitals, doctors, emergency rooms, ambulances, chiropractors, physical therapists, and other medical care providers. Also, if there is going to be future medical care needed, that can be factored in and recovered on your behalf.
- Loss of Earnings, or Loss of Earning Capacity, Past, Present and Future: You can recover for the monies that you would have earned between the time of the injury and when you are able to return to work. If the wage loss will continue, because of permanent injury or disability, that is also recoverable.
- Property Damage: You can recover for whatever damage there is to your automobile, or to your personal possessions.
- Pain and Suffering, or Mental or Emotional Distress: The injuries that you may have from an accident are not always physical. There are emotional and mental injuries that can happen too. If you have such things as fear, anxiety, shock, post traumatic stress disorder, grief, or other trauma that affects your living condition or your enjoyment of life, those can be compensated as well.
- Loss of Consortium: If you are married or in a domestic relationship, your partner may recover for the losses for your care, comfort or society, or for the benefits that you previously provided to the relationship that you can no longer provide because of your injury.
You should have, and you are entitled to, an experienced automobile accident attorney, that will work on your behalf as an advocate to obtain the compensation that you deserve. Call the Law Office of Michael E. Ripley at (858) 792-1300 for a free confidential consultation, as well as a case evaluation.
Examples of automobile cases previously handled:
- Joseph H. v. John Doe (State Farm insured): Our client was insured in a rear end accident on highway 15, on the way to Las Vegas. His medical bills approached $15,000.00. His case was settled for $75,000.00.
- Carl F. v. Jane F. (defended by Allied Insurance): Mr. F. was hit in an intersection collision because of the inattention of Allied’s insured. He had a neck and back sprain, but also had scarring to his forehead because he collided with the interior of his car’s windshield. His claim was settled against Allied for its insured’s policy limits of $25,000.00.
- Iesha M. v. Gary B.: Our client’s vehicle was struck by the defendant’s vehicle when he made an illegal turn. He was taken to the hospital with a neck and back strain. The matter settled, before a lawsuit was filed, for the defendant’s insurance policy limits, of $25,000.00.